Ethics, Boundaries, and Communication in Mind-Body Healing
Time & Location
About The Event
511 SW 10th AVE, Suite #605
Portland, OR 97205
4 Continuing Education Units. Fulfills Oregon and Washington's Ethics requirement for license renewal.
This course will explore the history, biology, and psychobiology of mind-body healing of chronic pain and trauma as it pertains to massage therapy and bodywork. Additionally, guidelines on ethics, boundaries, and communication with clients will be discussed, answering the following questions and more:
- What is the Bio-Psycho-Social Model of Pain? How does it differ from the commonly taught Bio-Medical Model?
- How do clients' beliefs and perceptions of their pain and their treatment affect their healing?
- Why do clients with chronic pain feel better for 1-3 days after a treatment, just for their discomfort to return?
- What is the role of the Autonomic Nervous System?
- Why do many people with real chronic pain have no structural or tissue abnormalities?
- Why do many pain-free people often have structural abnomalities on an MRI?
- How can we treat mind-body tension with massage, while staying within our scope of practice?
- Ethics in Mind Body Healing$65$650$0